A Comprehensive Strategy
The objective of the National Anti-corruption Programme of the Republic of Ghana is to ensure a long-term, effective and targeted anti-corruption.
The Programme covers the most important provisions of the national anti-corruption policy in the public and private sectors.
Objectives of the Programme:
- Striving for greater management efficiency in the public sector, transparency, and openness of decision making and procedures, accountability to the public and higher resilience to corruption in the civil service.
- Ensuring the application of the principle of unavoidable liability.
- Reducing the supervisory and administrative burden on economic entities by transforming the system of institutions carrying out the supervision of economic entities.
- Ensuring fair competition and transparent and rational purchase of supplies, works or services in public procurement.
- Increasing transparency, reducing and eliminating possibilities of manifestations of corruption in the field of healthcare.
- Promoting zero tolerance for corruption and encouraging the involvement of the public in anti-corruption activities.
Priority fields of the Programme: political activities and legislation; activities of the judiciary and law enforcement institution; public procurement; healthcare and social security; spatial planning, state supervision of construction and waste management; supervision of activities of economic entities; public administration, civil service and asset management; anti-corruption education and awareness raising.